Farm Profile: Gallrein Farms
August 19, 2014
May 31, 2016
How is it that we are almost half way through the year? They say as you get older the years go by faster and they aren’t kidding. They also say as you get older your metabolism slows down and they also aren’t kidding about that either. I have been lucky in that I have always had a good metabolism but as I am nearing the big 3-0 I am noticing a steady decline.
Over the past 3 years, I have forced myself to make New Years resolutions. The list usually has about 10 items on it and if I complete over half of them I feel as though it was a success. The one that always seems to be the hardest for me are the workout challenges. In the beginning, I am going to the gym regularly then after a month it slows down to 2-3 days a week and after March, all hope is lost. Then June 1st hits and I realize that there is no way I will be seen in public in a bathing suit!
This is the best time to challenge yourself and come up with a plan to get through the rest of the year. Follow these steps to refresh your New Years workout resolution:
1. Set a goal. This should be something that will make you feel accomplished. Races are always a good motivator because it is something that can be measured. And you get bling at the end 🙂
2. Make it achievable. There is nothing worse than not reaching your goal. So always choose something that is attainable but still challenging.
3. Plan a training schedule. Make your schedule flexible to your workouts and vice versa. If you don’t like waking up early then you probably shouldn’t schedule your gym time for the AM. Plan something you know you have the time to do and that you will want to do.
4. Set a time to check-in. Figure out the half way mark between your start and the end goal date and check-in with yourself. See how you’re doing and what changes you can make to achieve your goal.
5. Have fun. This may seem silly to say, but sometimes I make working out feel like a chore and I start to hate it and miss workouts. But when I choose workouts that are exciting and fun I stay motivated and look forward to doing them.