Fall Back in Love With Running
Whether you just started or are starting to lose the motivation, the truth is, running is hard. It’s easy to get wrapped up in the everyday hustle of life and if you are like me, finding excuses whether they are legit or not to put on your running shoes and get out the door every day. It can be easy to categorize running as a chore and that takes all the fun out of it. Believe it or not, there was a time where going on a run every day was something I looked forward to but with each excuse, I made each race I ran for ended up falling short and my performance was slower than before. I found myself getting more discouraged to go out there and try due to my lack of fitness and that was a huge bummer.
My love for running was disappearing and each day just brought a new excuse. But then it dawned on me. The reason why I ran was to push myself, to challenge myself and my body to see what I was capable of. Without setting goals for myself, running just became part of my routine and it took out all the fun. Without pushing myself outside of my comfort zone my motivation and love for running were gone.
Since summer is coming to an end and fall is just around the corner I’m going to challenge not just myself but you to put your running shoes on and really push yourself while you run. Here are some reasons as to why fall is your new favorite running season:
1. After the sweat and humidity of summer, we get to test out all of our new running routines on cooler, crisp mornings.
2. Running through a huge pile of leaves on your run (who doesn’t love a good leaf pile!?)
3. All the fall colors. Start your day off right running past beautiful colored trees and scenery.
4. With Thanksgiving coming up it’s the perfect way to start journaling and write down what you are thankful for each day. The act of gratitude can help lift you up and help you become a more confident runner.
5. Fall foods. We all deserve to treat ourselves after a good work out!
Set goals that will help motivate you. Don’t let the magic in running go away. Who says you can’t make a resolution before New Years? Now that the leaves are starting to change so can you. You got this